As an evangelical church there are a number of indispensable tenets in our creed, but five are basic:
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God and therefore the sole standard of Christian faith and practice.
2. Christ and the Holy Spirit are personally and eternally one God with the Father.
3. Christ’s death on the cross was a substitutionary atonement for sin, confirmed and vindicated by his bodily resurrection from the dead.
4. Salvation offered to men in the Gospel is by grace alone on God’s part, and through faith alone on man’s part.
5. All Christian doctrine has a practical end, namely the promotion of character after the pattern of our Lord Jesus Christ.